Lydia Li Sewell

Long before we knew if we were going to adopt again or not, God put the name Lydia on my heart. I was doing a Bible Study and I learned a little about who Lydia was. I told Brian that night that I felt like that would be our next daughter's name. (yes, he laughed at me). 

Lydia: Lydia is the first believer in the New Testament. 
 Lydia trusted. She believed Paul's message about Christ. 
 Lydia was obedient. She was determined to follow Christ's will and obey His teachings.
 Lydia was hospitable. She opened her home to thank those that led her. 
Lydia continued to follow God's will because it was evidently her desire to be judged faithful to the Lord. Lydia knew there was no other way to be happy but through Jesus.

Li: part of her Chinese name, Jin LiYa. 
 Strong, Powerful, Beautiful


1 comment: