2nd Homestudy Visit

Tonight we had our 2nd Homestudy visit. We had our visit scheduled at 5:30. Our Social Worker got here early so she hung out with me and the boys while we waited on Brian. Cade had just woken up so he was watching cartoons and drinking his milk. I was making Owen dinner. Owen, oh Owen. He is something else. I gave him his dinner and sat down to talk to our SW. Well, if you know Owen, he kinda likes the spotlight and he will do what he can to get that spotlight. It went something like this, "I don't like this ham.", "Do I have to eat all this to get my dessert.", "I want a big boy cup.", "I want a cookie.", etc... Then Brian got home at 5:30. He took the boys outside while I was interviewed by SW. The questions were about our childhoods, family, experiences, parenting, etc.. Basically things that we already talked about in our written Life Story. We talked for about an hour with only a few small interruptions. The boys were hot so they came in and SW and I went to the Playroom/Family Room downstairs to finish up with my questions. Owen and Cade thought I was leaving and both broke out in tears. SW and I finished in about 30 minutes and then it was Brian's turn in the hotspot. The boys again broke out crying wanting their daddy. The boys rarely cry when one of us leaves so I found this humorous. I bathed the boys and put them to bed. When SW and Brian finished we walked her out. She said that she would type everything up and the last visit would just be finalizing the written Homestudy. The boys do not have to be present and Brian doesn't have to be there the whole time. She said it will be a week or two. She is not in a hurry since we haven't gotten our DHR Clearance Form yet. So, I am going to call our Homestudy Coordinator, Megan, to see if she can call someone to get the form moving. Overall everything went great! We feel really comfortable with her so that helps. So we are excited, one more thing checked off the list.

1 comment:

  1. A day in the life, huh!?! Love these updates. I think about y'all often!

    And I'm right there with Owen on skipping the ham and going straight to dessert. You can't fault a little dude for wanting his cookie. :)

    ReplyDelete