Adoption and Foster Care Support, FBCT
Brian and I are soo excited about the beginning of an adoption/foster care ministry at our church. Brian and I felt the need for this when we started our Adoption. We had so many questions and needed support of others that have experienced what we were experiencing. As we went along we learned of many couples that have adopted and a few that were adopting. Our church is growing and there is a need for support for families that are in the process and for those who are prayfully considering one of these. Brian and I voiced this concerned to 2 staff members at the church. One has adopted 2 children. When we were in the beginning of our adoption, Brian had lunch with him and he pointed us to our agency and gave us encouragement. So, when Brian mentioned how God had put this on our hearts he was estatic to say the least. He had wanted this for our church for years and had been waiting for the perfect time. He was already in the planning stages and had several contacts that will be very important in getting this ministry started. He met with the church, had it approved and next Wednesday night we will have our 1st interest meeting after service. Brian and I are so excited to see this ministry grow and provide support to the families of our church who have adoption/foster care on their hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That's exciting, and no doubt will be a blessing to many people. Thanks for posting the 7 Realities in your previous post. I did Experiencing God quite a few years ago so it was good to be reacquainted with them. It's a powerful study. And how, might I add, do you find the time? :) It's a very involved study.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you!