Faith's Nursery

I worked really hard on Faith's nursery. I wanted it to reflect her heritage and for it to be a peaceful place for her to spend her time. I didn't want to spend a lot of money but our little princess deserved a beautiful room. Here are a few pictures.


The white dress (bought at a consignment sale) will be the dress Faith wears for her Baby Dedication on Mother's Day at our church. The silk dress is the one we purchased in China and took her pictures on the Red Couch. I bought the Rabbit penny bank at a consignment sale. This year is the year of the Rabbit in China, the year she came home. I collected rabbits during my childhood so they are extra special now. The small tiger we bought in China, she was born in the year of the Tiger (2010). My friend Amber monogrammed the fabric for the shelf. The shelf I found at a yard sale unfinished. The fabric is Chinese Kids by Michael Miller, I used it on the chair and pillow. Emma and Molly, our nieces, gave Faith her 1st Bible. Brian's work gave us Faith's 1st American Doll. I bought several Adoption books on Amazon. They have great prices on books. I found the book shelf at a local Antique Mall already painted. The song "You Are My Sunshine" is special to me because my grandmother sang it to me as a child and I sing it to my kids each night as we tuck them in. The plaque on the shelf quotes the song.
I love to hang things from the ceiling in the kids' rooms. The boys have airplanes and Faith has a Cherry Blossom Lantern and Pom Poms. The artwork was done by my friend, Dedra. I asked her to do the So Loved plaque and the framed Coy Fish and Pagoda. I found the lamp at a yard sale, I replaced the shade and added the blue ribbon. I made the pink frame and the picture is the first one we saw of Faith after her surgery. I painted the jewelry box that I bought at a yard sale. The album is from my friend, Kerri, which I put all of Faith's pictures from her Foster Mom. The blue box I painted and added scrapbook stickers of China. The dresser and mirror was given to us from my grandmother and we painted them. The doll and panda were bought in China. The throw and large floor pillow were made from a bedspread from my other grandmother who passed 4 years ago. My friend, Kerri's MIL, made the pillows and throw for us.
I bought the curtains from Target and the curtain rod was from Hobby Lobby, half off, unfinished. We had the glidder and my sister, Ashley, let us borrow her cushions, mine are yellow.
My SIL, Whitney, has a friend who gave us the crib (the boys' had a black one). The bedding was super cheap, bought online. Butterflies from etsy. The quilt on the floor was given to me from Dedra who thinks she will never have a girl....we'll see :) Pandas are from MIL. I had looked online for a Rocking Panda and could not afford the one I found. I went to the Antique Mall in Trussville to waste some time before picking up Cade one day and found this one for $25. I was soo excited. I stained the legs and handles and used the ribbon from a gift.

I hope Faith will look back and see all the love I put into her room. I wanted to make it special for her!

1 comment: