Here we go again!!!

Time to dust off the computer and blog. We have started the adoption process again!! Like before I want to document every moment of our journey to our 2nd daughter. We are soo thrilled that God has called us to complete our family through adoption. Though we know the ups and downs of this process we are soo excited to meet the precious soul God has for our family. As just about everyone knows I have wanted to adopt again since the moment Faith became our daughter. The past 2 years I have told myself all the reasons we shouldn't. Believe me the list is long but God kept pulling at my heart. I secretly prayed that God would let Brian know His will for our family. I wanted to know that this wasn't just a personal want but our calling. As time pasted God began to stir Brian's heart and he felt our family was not complete. I'll always remember the moment he shared what he had been feeling. I knew that this is God's plan and we will follow Him back to China!! The next day, October 13th, we told our family and close friends and that Monday we called Lifeline and started the process. 1st step is Homestudy!! So far we have completed the online application, had our phone interview with our Social Worker, home tour and meeting, individual interviews at office, couple interview at office, online training, online discussion videos, gathering of documents and completion of questionaires. The last step is to schedule our doctor appointments for physicals and have forms completed. We will turn everything in and go from there. We have been super impressed with Lifeline as an agency. We love that God is the focus of everything they do. The staff has morning prayer meetings before each work day begins. They prayer for each family and all of the children they are working to place in forever families. They have walked us through each step with every questioned answered. Everything has moved along smoothly. The flu and Christmas break slowed us down a little but we are now ready to finish up this Homestudy!

No comments:

Post a Comment