Homestudy Finally Final!!

Wednesday 27th we received an email from our agency saying our Homestudy has been approved and is final. We received our copies on Saturday. We then completed our I800A form. This form is an Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country. Today we sent the I800A, a copy of our Homestudy and a fee to the Department of Homeland Security (U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services). Our information has to be approved and then they will notify us. I talked to our China Cordinator today to go over the Dossier Instructions. Then I started to work on the To Do list involved with the Dossier.The following are required for the Dossier: Certified copies of our Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Medical Exams, Certificate of Profession, Financial Statement, Adoption Application, Police Background Check, Home Study, Psychological Test, I-171-H Approval Notice (Immigration Approval), Passport Copies and Family Photographs.
I made my Medical Appointment, called around about Certified Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate and left a message with a Psychologist to make an appointment for our Psychological tests.
Overall, the Homestudy took longer than we had initially thought but we are learning how things work.

3 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo!!! :) I continue to learn so much through your journey and had no idea everything that is involved in the whole process. Your faith is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete