We are running into some interesting situations. Our China Cordinator and I have had a good laugh over the latest one. We now are working on the Dossier requirments. One part is a Police Background Check. It sounded simple. I have two options in our county of where to go. I went to the closest office....twice. I left with a document that I could not use. China requires the PBC to be on our county's letterhead, signed by a law enforcer and notarized. The first trip I was able to beg the secretary to put their PBC document on letterhead. She mailed it to me since I could not wait that day. We signed the forms and I went back so that she could run the BC. I left that day knowing I was going to have to go elsewhere to get what I needed. She said a law officer could not sign the form, she would. Then when I reminded her we had to have it notarized, she used her own notary stamp on the form. Therefore notarizing her own signature. So, Brian and I went to the other office the next day. We did eventually get what we needed. The other requirement that we are working on is the Psychological Test. The Psychlogist that could get us in early was almost triple in cost. So we took the later appointment with the more cost effective Psychologist. We will meet with her December 7th. We are hoping to find one sooner if possible. Brian went for his physical on Tuesday and got his Certificate of Profession notarized. We have received notification that Immigration received our I-800-A (Immigration Application). We are waiting on the I-171-H from them (response to I-800-A, Immigration Approval). They have sent our Biometric Fingerprints appointment, which is sooner than we thought, Dec. 2nd :) So, all in all everything is moving along.
I will meet with our China Coordinator next week to review all of our paperwork. Every form has certain items we have to make sure are on the form and completed in a certain way. We then send the forms off for legalization by the county. Once received back from the county, we will mail them to the Secretary of State of Alabama, once back from there they go to China. This is the reason we have to worry about time. All forms have only so long to make it to China before they are 'outdated'.
I have always heard that adoption is not for the faint of heart. I thought 'they' meant waiting to meet your child, the long trip to a foreign country, the transition home, etc... Well, we are learning that each step has it's own issues. God has revealed the following verse to me twice this past week. I think it will be a verse that will help us along the way. I am working on how I handle each situation that comes our way.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perserverance. Let perserverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We were able to make the rounds and see both families. We are so blessed! Now on to decorating for Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





If only everyone used the brain God gave them. :) At least you can laugh about it. I too love that verse. I love these updates as well - so excited for all of you. Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving! We are all abundantly blessed and have much to be thankful for. Hope to see you soon! Love you.
ReplyDelete"Hold that head up, you're a Kynard!"...as Daddy always says. You will perservere and in the end, be a stronger and better person. :)
ReplyDelete