Day 3 with Faith

After Faith finally woke up today we were off to People's Park.
It reminded me of the Botanical Gardens but is alot more lively. There are people singing, dancing, tea houses, people selling things from carts, etc...

We have been holding Faith everywhere we go and letting her walk some. Our arms are getting tired and we have been working on getting her in the carrier. She doesn't like it because she can't look around much. Today was the second time we tried but we didn't want to push it and upset her. Faith woke up today in a different mood..she was a little diva. She wanted to walk where she wanted and to do what she wanted.
She got a little sassy with our guide Louise. I would have loved to know what she was telling her. She will swat at you if you make her mad. Luckily she has not done that to us but we haven't pushed her either. A teenager had some soft french bread loaves that are individually wrapped and as she passed us Faith reached up to her. She gave Faith one and Faith's face just lit up and smiled. Faith ate all of it. Faith is very friendly and waves at everyone passing by. She has Bye Bye down and is starting to talk more around us. A man had a ride on toy and Faith wanted to ride. He was very nice and pulled her around a bit.
When we went to pull her off she wrapped her legs around it. She does the same getting out of the tub. The park wasn't what I expected. I thought we would set back and let her explore but it was very crowded and hard to let her walk much. I was getting a little annoyed at our guide. She was just very hands on with Faith and I just want Faith to bond with us. I was probably just being silly. We had the taxi drop us off at a local restaurant near our hotel. Louise escorted me & Faith to the hotel and then went back to help Brian order. We definitely liked the 1st place more but overall the food was good. Eating the local food is cheaper than eating room service or the American food. We actually enjoy it more, much healther too. After lunch Faith had a dirty diaper. Your definetly a parent when you get excited over a dirty diaper. I worked on the blog while Faith napped, this is the first time I didn't nap, so I guess I am getting caught up on sleep. We ventured out on our own after nap to the Supermarket and then went to McDonalds. We bought Faith a different toothbrush in hopes of getting her to brush her teeth and some more fruit. We picked up some fruit chips and animal biscuits for Faith to have some different snacks. We bought some Hand Sanitizer since my was taken away at the Beijing airport. We also picked up some straws in hopes of getting her to drink some water. She has stopped drinking from the sippy cup after we tried giving her milk that way. She needs to get more fluids in her so we are working on that. She only took 1/2 her bottle this night also. We went back to the hotel for bath and kept Faith up a while so she could talk with the boys on Tango. Faith was wide awake and blew kisses and played peek-a-boo with them. Can't wait to get them all together. Faith decided to stay up late this night and finally gave up at about 11:15. Overall it was a good day. She is becoming more comfortable with us. She is bringing us things to initiate play and exploring the room more. She is such a cutie even when she is sassy!











4 comments:

  1. LOVE all these updates!! So glad things are already going smoother. I can't wait to meet her sassy little self. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment in your first post but not surebif it went through! I cried my eyes out so hard and agree with everything April said! I know this age bc that is exactly the age of Alice-they are really clingy but you can distract them and they will loosen up!! I am praying for each of you like crazy!!

    As I was laying in bed praying I was wishing y'all still had a reason to come to Selma so our girls could be friends and play--and was thinking what Girls Like at this age, bc you know girl stuff is new to me too!

    Each day will get better!! She is so precious we may just have to make a day trip in the spring :)

    Praying- Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another wonderful day with your baby girl! Love reading all about your journey!!! I'm sure you know this already, but my friend britney got a TON of those squeaky shoes while she was in China getting Caroline, bc they are so cheap there, so stock up if you hadn't planned on it! ; ) Miss and love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, Paula!! And, I posted on FB too. You are not over-reacting about your guide. You are right on target with your feelings. It is NOT good for your guide to be too hands-on with Faith. She doesn't need to be spending lots of nurturing time, speaking lots with her in Chinese, providing comfort. That is YOUR job. And, Faith needs to come to Mama and Baba for that comfort. We have had a couple of instances where that has happened with Mei Li (once in China and once here where she actually started to prefer someone who was Asian to mom and dad). We had to nip both of those in the bud. And, the therapists and docs at the IAC in Bham told us it was imperative. Our little ones will bond with whomever is most familiar. Right now, until our little ones have been with us for several months, have learned to communicate in our new language and have learned the concept of "mommy and daddy" and who fulfills those roles in their lives, they stand a big risk of attaching and bonding to the wrong person if they spend too much time with people other than mom and dad.
    You are very right to feel concerned. And, you are completely within your right to nicely let the guide know that Faith needs to be held and nurtured by you and Brian. Geoff and I have learned this with Mei Li, and we have gotten a couple of nice lectures from our sw and therapists that we have to do what we have to do to protect the bonding and attachment of our little girl. . . even if some people don't understand. So, don't you feel bad, mama!!! :) You are completely right!! :D

    ReplyDelete