Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10
Guangzhou here we come!
We are off to the next part of our journey! This morning was all about packing. We stayed in the room for breakfast, Brian ran down to the Breakfast buffet to get his angel a hard boiled egg. We met our guide at 11:00 to eat lunch at our favorite restaurant and then came back to the hotel for check out. We arrived at the airport around 1:00 and our flight left at 3:00. Faith fell asleep in the airport while waiting for our flight but woke up while we were on the bus that took us to the plane. She woke up scared and crying. She was probably trying to figure out where she was. She did wonderful during the flight. She was not phased with the actually flying part but wasn't crazy about sitting the whole time. We kept her entertained and she did great. As we stepped out of the airport we immediately felt the warmer temps. Guangzhou is closer to the coast and today's temp was 82 degrees. We also noticed the clearer skies and how much more westernized the city is. The driver took us straight to the hotel. While checking in we spotted several Americans. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the room is alot more roomier. We are excited to have the suite so that we can hang out while she is napping and sleeping. Looking back, I am glad we had the one room for our first week together. After arriving to the hotel I bathed Faith and starting unpacking while Brian ran to Mcdonald's to grab dinner. He said he and Louise almost got attacked by a begger but other than that it was ineventful :) Then dinner, bottle and bed for Faith. When I went to start soothing her for bed, she started crying. She didn't like Brian going to the den area so he had to come lay down on the bed. It took her a while to settle but she eventually went to sleep and slept well. I am sure her little mind can't figure out what is going on. Brian and I were too tired to unpack anymore so we went to bed shortly after. It was bittersweet packing to come here, I felt I should be packing for home, I am ready to hug those sweet boys!! We are so thankful for my mom and sister for keeping the boys. They completely put their lives on hold for us. We will be forever grateful and are so blessed to have them!!!! The boys will be so spoiled and we are totally find with that :) We also are thankful for the sweet comments on the blog, facebook messages and emails. They make us feel loved and we are blessed to have such great friends.
Paula and Brian, I wake up every morning to feed Grayson and first thing I do is check your blog for updates. I love reading about your journey and your beautiful precious daughter Faith. Every morning I read about the previous days events and I end up in tears thinking about what a wonderful thing y'all are doing and how blessed little Faith is to have such wonderful parents and vis versa. I know y'all are having a wonderful time getting to know one another. We miss y'all and are praying for you every day. -Ashley Little
Joyce and I are the ones that are having the best time with these precious boys. I have always said that God give you your children when you are young so you can keep up with them and that is so true. Mimi is proud of the way she is keeping up with them and is so happy that JoJo is with her, she has been a great help could not have done it with out her. The boys love their JoJo. We can not wait for you to get home so we can spoil Faith and so her our love. Love, Mom
Brian and I have been married 13 years this December. We have 3 amazing children, Owen 8, Cade 6 and Faith 4. God called Brian and I to adopt in the Spring of 2010. This blog documented our journey to China as we brought home Faith Lei on November 23, 2011. This fall we started the adoption process again to complete our family with a 2nd daughter, Lydia Li.
Paula and Brian,
ReplyDeleteI wake up every morning to feed Grayson and first thing I do is check your blog for updates. I love reading about your journey and your beautiful precious daughter Faith. Every morning I read about the previous days events and I end up in tears thinking about what a wonderful thing y'all are doing and how blessed little Faith is to have such wonderful parents and vis versa. I know y'all are having a wonderful time getting to know one another. We miss y'all and are praying for you every day.
-Ashley Little
Joyce and I are the ones that are having the best time with these precious boys. I have always said that God give you your children when you are young so you can keep up with them and that is so true. Mimi is proud of the way she is keeping up with them and is so happy that JoJo is with her, she has been a great help could not have done it with out her. The boys love their JoJo. We can not wait for you to get home so we can spoil Faith and so her our love. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete