
It is a nice market with plenty of shopping and restaurants. First place I went was Starbucks. It is true, Starbucks taste the same everywhere! We were able to get Faith in the carrier by Brian wearing it.

She has more room to move with him and seems more comfortable. We kept her busy eating and entertaining her. I bought some keepsakes for Faith, toys for the boys and goodies for family/friends. The people there were more friendly and many people waved and spoke to Faith. She is very friendly and is really good at ByeBye.

Our guide is really good about giving historical information everywhere we go. She also is very open to talking about the culture and the family life. I want to know as much as I can about Chengdu City as well as China. Louise was less attentive to Faith and Faith is showing her less attention as well. Faith is also letting me cuddle her and kiss her more. Which I never imagined would come so quickly. After Jin Li Street we went back to the Hotel. Brian and Louise went to the 1st Chinese Restaurant we went to and picked up some food for our lunch.


We like eating in the room, it gives us time with Faith before she naps. The 1st time we went to the restaurant there were 2 ladies arguing with a man. The women were yelling at him and one tried to kick him several times. Interesting! Anyway, after lunch we played in the hotel for a while. Then we went out alone to the supermarket (again) for some coke, oreos and napkins. As we were leaving the room, Faith went over to Brian and grabbed his hand and led him to the door. Then she reached up for my hand and started walking. She was grinning from ear to ear. We all 3 walked hand in hand all the way to the elevator. I think she is realizing we are all hers! I realized we have a Starbucks very close to our hotel. We had gone by Pizza Hut the night before but could not communicate to the hostess that we wanted to get a pizza to go so we left. Today we had Louise right down Pizza To Go in mandarin so they would know what we wanted. Pizza Hut here has anything you can think of and is very nicely decorated. After dinner Faith came to me and grabbed my hand and took me to the bath room. She was telling me that she wanted a bath. So, bath time it was. She is doing really well when it is time to soothe her to sleep for bed time. I 'walked' her around the room...until my back hurt... then just laid her down in her crib. She looked up a few time at us laying in bed and then layed down and went to sleep. We have been getting back up but both of us feel asleep..8:30. We woke Faith up around 7:30 because we were heading out earlier. I think she has only woke up once or twice on her own. She is a great sleeper but we wouldn't be able to go anywhere if we let her wake on her own plus she needs to stay on schedule with her nap. Foster Mom said she napped on her tummy but today was the first time she slept that way. I don't know is she is becoming more comfortable with us or if it means nothing. Tonight was Brian's first time to sleep all night. He has been getting up around 3 and working for a couple of hours and then laying back down for an hour. As for me and Faith we need sleep to function!















I WANT TO KISS HER FACE!!! :) Faith is beautiful, and the part about her grabbing Brian and your hand gave me chills. So glad you found Starbucks-it makes any day better. ;) Much love to you, Brian and Faith.
ReplyDeleteLooks like she is growning to love her mama and daddy more and more each day! xoxo!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THAT YOU ARE DOING THIS! I AM ENJOYING ALL THE PICS...THANKS FOR MAKING ME A SOBBING MESS :) I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER IN PERSON, SHE IS JUST THE CUTEST THING! PRAYING FOR ALL. LOVE YA
ReplyDeleteAMANDA
Oh how I know that you and brian's heart was just busting full of joy and love when she took your hand down the hall. I feel so happy and full of love for all of you, I have shred plenty of tears of joy reading your daily reports (can't read the every day cause we are so busy, but i read them all together. can't understand why joyce and I are busy). I love you all very much and say a prayer every day for you safe return to us.
ReplyDeletePaula and Brian!!! Hallelujah!!!!! What a wonderful post!! SOOOO happy for all of you, and it sounds like little Faith is falling in perfect love with her mommy and daddy. And, I know the feeling is mutual. :) I love hearing how she is connecting to you. Just beautiful!! God is absolutely amazing, isn't He? Only He can unite perfect strangers and bond them as "family" in an instant. He did the same with our Mei Li. . . it is "as if" she has been with us from the start! And, we certainly can not imagine our family without her, now. And, we've been together only 7 weeks.
ReplyDeleteWonderful. . . just wonderful!! Love you both! Congratulations!!
This post made me smile!! She is so precious and I am with April again--I could just kiss those cheeks!! Baths must be Faith and Alice's favorite thing to do, as soon as we walked in the door tonight at 5:30 she said ba--ba..thought she wanted a baba(bottle) but she led me to the bathroom and pointed to the tub!! Love that Faith loves a bath too and is growing so comfortable with you and Brian...Praying--Angie
ReplyDeletePaula, I am so enjoying reading your blog. Faith is adorable!
ReplyDelete